Gag Gift Card with Very Low Balance
Give a Gift Card with the balance used down to a very small leftover amount, like $.11. If you are feeling especially mischievous, you could give a gift certificate to a high end restaurant so that they will get a really big bill after eating and have to pay for the whole thing at the end of the meal.
Boy, what a let down and awkward moment that will create when the waiter comes back to announce that your generous gift card took care of $1.33 of the bill and the remaining balance of $134.47 will be charged to their Visa.
I personally gave a friend a Starbucks gift card with a $.17 balance on the card. He gave the card to his wife, who 2 weeks later went to Starbucks without her purse and had no way to pay the balance after ordering her vanilla latte. She was absolutely pissed but she laughs about it now.
Holiday Xmas Gag Gift ClassicGive the holiday xmas gag gift classic: A lump of coal. There really is nothing quite like a lump of coal in the stocking or wrapped in a box to crush a child’s spirit like a lump of coal. Let’s be honest though, for some children, its exactly what they deserve and if that is the case then go for it!
You can Buy Xmas Coal Here.
Fake Lottery Ticket Gag Gift
Give out fake lottery tickets to your friends and family. To really draw your victim in, buy real lottery tickets for other family members and target one person to receive the fake lotto ticket. Then as the other family members are scratching theirs real lotto tickets off and loosing, your target will be less inclined to think its a gag gift. Another tip is to mix in fake tickets with real tickets.
Here is a video of someone giving a fake lotto ticket to their mom:
Russian Nesting Doll Gift Gag
Wrap a series of empty boxes like Russian Nesting Dolls and in the final box put a pile of dirt, a rotten egg, or possibly a piece of dog poop spray painted with sparkly gold. Here is one with a nice ending although the video is a bit long.
The Fakeout Gag Gift
This one comes in 2 forms – wrapping big boxes with nothing in them or insert something else into the box packaging that they want or desire but switch it out for socks or underwear.
Wrap big empty packages or prank your kids by wrapping up just the box that the item they want comes in:
Make your daughter cry like these people did by making her think she was getting a dollhouse but instead it was a suitcase:
Real Gift For Kids but Gag Gift for the Parents!
Be a hero to your niece or nephew by pranking a child’s parents by getting an annoyingly loud and fun gift like a trumpet, drum kit, mega phone or something that will take up the adults time – like a new pet puppy!
Here is a list of annoying gifts that give parents headaches from Parent Dish.
Gag Gift Too Sentimental to Destroy
- Get something hideous engraved so they the victim feels bad throwing it out or something religious or endearing, like this plate.
- Give them a piece of ugly artwork and tell them that you made it. Ask them where they hung it the next time you come over so that they feel bad if they threw it out and you can laugh if they kept it and hung it up. George Clooney did this to his friend Richard Kind. Richard actually hung it over his couch for 2 years before being let in on the prank. Read more about Clooney’s Gag Gift here.
Homemade Christmas Gag Gift Ideas
- Give a collection of used band aids or toenail clippings in a small apothecary jar like these.
- Collect a jar of pistachio nuts that can’t be easily opened with your fingers. Its just not worth the hassle those nuts are going to cause to try to get them out of their shells.
- Put a dog or cat turd and spray paint it shiny with gold or silver spray paint and wrap it up nice and pretty in a box (don’t want to do this yourself? Here is a guy that will do the dirty work for you and includes a nice cookie tin for the poo: http://www.poopegifts.com/
- Here are some more home made christmas gag gift ideas along with some do’s and don’ts:
What are your favorite gag gifts that you’ve received or given?
You might also enjoy these holiday/winter themed posts: